Students will have the opportunity to check out books from our library! During class, students in grades K-5 will be encouraged to check out a book to read at home. Students in grades 6-8 may check out books by visiting the library.
Here are some of our general guidelines for checking out books:
- Please return books each Library class.
- Please return the book in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
- Please only check out one book at a time.
- Please check out and return books through Mrs. Shaw only.
- Please review the following guidelines for caring for the book at home.
Caring For Your Library Book:
- Carry your books to and from school in your backpack.
- Keep books away from food, beverages, and animals.
- Keep books away from younger siblings who might scribble or tear them.
- Turn pages carefully from the top or bottom right corners.
- Make sure your hands are clean when reading library books.
- Protect the spine of the book by using a bookmark rather than placing it face down with the pages open.
- Use a bookmark instead of folding pages down.
- Designate a place in your house to store library books and return them after reading.